Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Why, Thank You

Today, is 7th day of the month, which is also the 7th day into #NaBloPoMo and today I don't have enough steam to continue on and NOT use a given writing prompt for the day.  So to inspire this post, I have turned to the list of daily prompts and today's topic is : Talk about the last compliment you received.

I'm lucky enough to receive compliments every day from my sweet loving husband.  Everyday he tells me I'm beautiful, which is so kind.  Even on days when I don't feel pretty ,he tries his best to show me how pretty I am.  I appreciate the effort.  But the last compliment I received to date actually came from both my mom and dad, just a day apart from each other...



You are a wonderful mother.

Justin tells me this very frequently also.  This compliment may just be the best compliment that anyone has ever given me, and probably ever will.  Of all the things in life that I have done with pride, being a great mommy is the one that I strive for the most.  The fact that a life is relying on me to physically care for her, mentally care for her, and raise her to be a good little person is a tough job.  To be told that I am wonderful at doing just that...just puts me on cloud 9!  I've been told that I am a wonderful mother by many people and you know what, I believe them.  It's the only compliment I'll always keep in my heart and remember for a rainy day...or when I'm arguing with a teenager who didn't come home for curfew.  

I believe that I am a good mom.  I have lost many MANY nights of sleep to try to calm Annaliese to sleep.  I wake up with her at night because I am on "night duty" while I try my best to let my full time working husband get his rest.  I try to get her on a sleeping and eating schedule during the day so she would sleep better at night.  I take her to play dates and lunch dates with friends so that she has social interaction with other children.  When the weather is nice, I take her for walks so she can get fresh air and gaze at nature that she loves so much.  I read her stories at night and play dolls with her during the day.  I try to be supportive when her feelings are hurt because she fell when she was trying to walk.  I sing to her when she is upset and usually somehow it calms her down.  I try to teach her what the farm animals say when I sing "Old MacDonald" and she sweetly tries to mock me.  I also try to teach her what is acceptable to do and touch and what is not...such as the cat food.  Not a play toy.

I feel a very strong bond with my daughter and I wouldn't trade that feeling for the world.  Even at her young age of almost 13 months old, I believe that every day our bond gets stronger.  I know how blessed I am to have been given the gift of motherhood to a happy and healthy daughter.  She makes it easy for me to receive such a grand and meaningful compliment.  I would do anything for her best interest.  I will always do anything in my power to protect her when needed and console her heart from a difficult life lesson.  I would lay down my life for her and not even think twice about it.  This is unconditional love.

So you know what mom and dad, thank you.  Thank you for recently reminding me that I'm doing a good job in raising my little girl.  It means a lot to me that you, especially both of you, have verbally expressed this to me.  I hope to continue to make you proud and most of all continue to do the best that I can at being a wonderful mother to a precious little person who deserves the world.

In case you missed my post the other day, here is a picture of my little girl holding my favorite childhood toy/stuffed animal, "Re".  :)  My heart is so warm and fuzzy looking at this picture.




NaBloPoMo November 2012

4 comments:

  1. Coming from a mom too, that is a GREAT compliment. Seriously, even better than "you've lost weight". Haha. You do a lot of things for your daughter and husband, so great job, you are a great mother indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a heart warming post, lady! You are an incredible Mom.

    ReplyDelete

Share Some Love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This!