Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Technically Not A First Christmas



Our First Christmas as a Family's Ornaments


Technically it's not Annaliese's first Christmas.

She was a young 2 1/2 month old when Christmas came around last year.  Justin and I had intentions of decorating the house and putting up a tree because we were excited for Christmas as a new family of three.  But sadly, as you know, because of my father in law passing away on December 15th, we no longer had the Christmas spirit left in us to do any bit of decorating or wrapping, or singing or baking.  We just wanted to sit and cry together as a family.  There were no pictures taken other than Annaliese in her Christmas PJs on that Christmas day.


Annaliese in her Christmas PJs on Christmas Day
THIS YEAR is a whole new world for Annaliese.  Justin and I are excited about Christmas this year.  We've already begun playing Christmas music, we have put up our Christmas tree and decorated it with loving ornaments from Justin and I's childhood, we've hung our stockings, we've watched Christmas classics like Charlie Brown Christmas and Muppets Christmas Carol, and soon, I'll be whipping up some yummy cookies to hand out to the family.

Justin and I's First Christmas ornaments

Very intrigued by the lights

"Our First Christmas" ornament from 2010

Sammie enjoying the Christmas tree

Annaliese's first Christmas ornament next to one of daddy's guitar ornaments

I can't wait to take many many pictures and videos of this "First" Christmas with our (will be) 14 1/2 month old.  She will be so spoiled by her parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles that we may need a bigger toy box after this ;)

NaBloPoMo November 2012

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, how fun!! I love it when kids start understanding the magic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I'm so excited! I don't know how much she will understand at this point, but I know she will have fun and that's all that matters :) Thanks for the comment, Stacie!

      Delete
  2. Yay for first celebrated Christmas. We are doing the same, and our son is 2!

    ReplyDelete

Share Some Love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This!