Friday, November 16, 2012

Thanksgiving Dinner

It's official!

This year Thanksgiving dinner will be at our house!  I am excited to have our family gather here to enjoy a home cooked meal, filled with lots of love, laughs and football! :)  This will be the 3rd time we've hosted dinner here since we've lived in this house (in 4 1/2 years)

This year my mother in law will be making the turkey at her house and bringing it over.  One less thing for us to make.  On the even brighter side, she is a great cook, with respectively much more experience than I so it's guaranteed to be tasty!  Unfortunately our sister in law, Jenn, will not be joining us this year because she is in the middle of helping her parents move here, to Pennsylvania, from Texas.  Although she will be missed, we will still have a full house!  It will be Justin, me, Annaliese, my mother in law, my mom, my grandma, my brother and Justin's brother.  Technically that's 7 1/2 people ;)

The Menu -

12 lb whole turkey
6 lb bone in ham
mashed potatoes
gravy
sweet potato casserole - a recipe I got off of the daytime TV show, Kelly and Michael Live!
stuffing
cranberry sauce
broccoli casserole
green beans
rolls with butter

I think that about covers it!  Oh and of course, some beverages including a bit of wine.  My dad and step mom will be arriving on Friday to stay with us the rest of the weekend, so it will be much time with family.  Then on Monday, since Justin has off work, we plan to go pick up our Christmas tree and decorate it.  It will be a challenge warding Annaliese off of the tree for a few weeks, but I am more excited about Christmas this year with her because last year she was only 2 months old.  Now she is able to smile, laugh and enjoy the lights.  I can't wait! :)

Happy Holidays!

NaBloPoMo November 2012

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great gathering of family!!! I am glad I'm NOT cooking/hosting, hahah. I can't wait to put up a tree and lights too. We haven't had in 2 years, so this will be our sons' first!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, that's exciting! I don't mind cooking or hosting because the more I do it, the less nervous I get and the better my cooking is, BUT is it still stressful. I can't wait to see the pics of your tree!

      Delete
  2. Oh, I know this is all said and done... But I'm still catching up on your posts. Hopefully you'll have some pics and posts to show the actual dinner? Your menu sounds lovely. Now off I go to post a pic or two on Instagram of our Thanksgiving dinner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I'm just commenting back. You saw the full dinner spread and it was quite a success! I am proud of myself! I didn't burn anything and had no complaints :)

      Delete

Share Some Love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This!