Thursday, November 15, 2012

These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things

Sometimes I get in a funk...

Sometimes I need to remind myself of all of the things that once made me smile...

Although I am thankful to have experienced these things that have given me so many smiles and natural highs, this is not a list of the things I am solely thankful for.

This is just a list of things that make me happy :)


Pedicures

Hugs and Kisses

Dancing

Watching musicals (The Newsies, Jesus Christ Super Star, Hairspray, RENT, Grease, West Side Story, Annie)

Roller coasters

Receiving kisses from my daughter

Singing along to music I grew up to

Having a good hair day

Going to visit my family in NJ

Christmas music, decorating the Christmas tree, Christmas Eve candlelight church service

Hitting a really good sale

Donating money to charities

Old Disney movies

Receiving a greeting card the old fashioned way (snail mail)

That moment when you go to a music concert and you feel like you have a special connection with the artist

Parades

Baking

Swimming in the ocean

Freshly shaved legs

That moment when a new baby wraps it's hand around your finger

Receiving flowers


These are all things, in no particular order that make me smile.



NaBloPoMo November 2012


5 comments:

  1. Freshly shaved legs, :D. My fav things include empty laundry basket, mani/pedi, and hugs/kisses from my boy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes! An empty laundry basket and an empty sink! Totally very important things that I forgot! :) Kisses from the kiddos are the best!

      Delete
  2. Just want to say, I understand and totally agree with that list. Awesome post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and commenting, Melissa! I would also like to add to my list: SLEEP! :)

      Delete
  3. Freshly shaved legs is also the one that stood out for me (since it doesn't happen very often these days, being cold and all...)! The Trifecta Writing Community just wrapped up a weekend challenge of 33 words with My Favorite Things! And I just found out this morning that I placed top three for the first time EVER! I wish I had more words to write, since I would have added your empty sink and laundry basket, too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Share Some Love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This!