It's Monday Listicles time again! I believe this weeks topic was chosen by Stasha herself in memory of her minivan that recently left to go to minivan heaven. Don't worry...she's since bought a nice replacement.
So today's topic is: 10 Things About My Car. Well my husband and I collectively have 2 vehicles, but the car that is referred to as ahem...mine is what I'll be talking about ;)
- My car is new to us as of August 2011. It's a 2012 Ford Explorer Eco boost.
- I've always wanted an SUV, but used to want a Jeep Cherokee or Jeep Wrangler.
- It's white and can hold 7 passengers, which I've needed to do twice so far.
- Both rows of the backseats can lay down flat and makes it great for towing around all the baby stuff that we need to travel out of town for a few days. Even with just the very back row laying down there's a lot of space. (of course because we need room for the baby seat)
- I love the mommy-friendly automatic lift gate.
- It averages about 28 mpg in the city and 33 on the hwy, which isn't too bad for a full sized SUV.
- I was 8 months pregnant when we bought this and getting in and out with a huge belly wasn't easy.
- It has a rear view camera, which is AWESOME for me because I suck at parallel parking and this makes it so much easier!
- It also has a touch screen interface with My Ford Touch. I'm able to speak and tell my car to change the thermostat to 73 degrees and also use the built in navigation. I love that! *Geek Alert*
- It always smells good thanks to my small addiction to air fresheners. Thank you Yankee Candle
And there you have it! I liked this week's topic because I don't really take time to think about my car much anymore because the new-ness has worn off. But we still love this car and are so glad we bought it!
Happy Monday to you! Toodles!