Good Morning and Happy Labor Day Monday! Hope you enjoyed your weekend, or perhaps are still enjoying your weekend!
I'm SUPER excited to have been chosen to pick the new Monday Listicles topic for next week! (Thanks, Stasha!) Every year when September comes around, for at least the first week, I always get a certain favorite song stuck in my head. It reminds me of the day I met my husband (September 1, 2006) and the beginning of fall. :)
You may have heard of it... "September" by Earth, Wind and Fire. (If you haven't heard of it, here it is!)
For next week, I'd like to invite you to make a list of 10 Songs. Favorites? One's that make you want to scream? Dance? Tell us why. A funny lyric? A fond memory? Remind you of a movie? So catchy but you just can't get it out of your head? An ex? I can't wait to hear what your songs are! :)
This week's Monday Listicles topic was chosen again by Stasha, herself. List of 10 - The School Edition. Although my daughter is not yet an age where she can attend school and I am not a teacher, the mad "Back To School" rush still affects me.
10 Ways "Back to School" Affects My Life
1) Since I currently live on the same street and about 100 yards from one of the two Middle Schools in my local area, there is NO escaping the school bus traffic in the morning or afternoon.
2) School ends at the beginning of June here. By the 4th of July, companies are already advertising "Back To School" sales.
3) Speaking of Back to School sales, they can really be helpful for new clothes and household items...even though I'm not away at college. Now is a good time to get that new toaster!
4) Watching the kids walk by my house on the way to and from school, I have the pleasure of seeing what's "in style" now a days. Let's just say I hope that by the time my daughter is in middle school, I hope Muu-muus are the new fad!
5) Lucky for me, Pinterest has given me plenty of ideas for when my daughter (and future children) do attend school. I have some pretty cool organization ideas and healthy ideas for lunches.
6) This time of year means another year has passed and I don't yet have a college degree. This in a way depresses me, but I can assure you this will change!
7) This new school year is the first year I'm a mom and I can totally predict how my emotions will be when Annaliese has her first day of school. I'm stocking up on tissues already!
8) I love seeing my friends blog, tweet or post on Facebook of their adorable kids' outfits on their first day of school in a new grade! It's definitely something I look forward to every year...probably until I need to take my own pictures.
9) This school year, the graduating class of high school (or college) will be 2013. My first born will be in the high school graduating class of 2029-2030. That doesn't even seem fathomable! Flying cars by then?
10) Reminiscing that it's been 11 years since I graduated high school and although me and my class of 630+ people had our ups and downs, it was some of the greatest years of my life and I hope the kids in high school now realize that!
Now head over to Stasha's blog and link up for Monday Listicles and tell us of your School Edition list! Then don't forget to come back next week with your list of 10 Songs!