I love birthdays! Mine, others...all! Linking up with Stasha again this week to tell you all why.
1) It's an annual celebration of the day I was born! How awesome is that?!
2) I've made it another year! Aging may not be your typical idea of fun...but as my husband always says, it's better than the alternative. I like the way he thinks!
3) It's my special day. It's a day that I can call my own and feel like the day was made all for me. Any other day or circumstance I'm not greedy at all, but my birthday is my day.
4) I get "Happy Birthday" phone calls, text messages and Facebook posts from my friends and family. Some of them I only talk to on birthdays and holidays, but it's just another excuse to chat and feel loved by them. :)
5) CAKE! Hellooo!? Does this even need explaining? It's very rare that I'll have the opportunity to have any cake any other time. Weddings and birthdays are a must for cake! And it's usually MMMMMMM delicious!
6) Birthday cards! I could go without a gift on my birthday, but my close friends and family know that I'm a card person. Even if it's a card that says nothing except "happy birthday! love, me" in it, I'll keep it in my card box and save it to read on a rainy day.
7) "Oh you shouldn't have!" Even though I could go without a gift on my birthday, I still love getting presents! I can't lie! I love that I'm thought of enough to make something with your own two hands that I'd like or could use OR (from my less handy gift givers) to think about something I would like to have or could use, purchase it for me and wrap it in pretty paper. It makes me smile. :)
8) Kid's birthday parties are fun too! I love watching them play games, break pinatas, enjoy their yummy cake (while I'm enjoying some myself) and watching their faces as they play with their cool new toys! I'm looking forward to hosting my first born's first birthday in October!
9) Pictures! Any picture that is taken at a cute-themed kid's party or an "Over the Hill" adult's party is gonna be good! Gotta capture those awesome moments of the special birthday person and their loved ones who gathered there to celebrate them!
10) It's an excuse to splurge a little on myself. Only on my birthday does digging a little deeper in my wallet make me feel less guilty.
Your Friendly Mama,