This may get a little mushy at first, because I'm very thankful for everything in my life. I say it often because it's true. And when I think I could use a new shirt, or a new purse, or new shoes, or a new phone, or a new laptop....ok you get the idea, I remind myself that those are all wants and not needs. I already have everything I need and for that I'm forever thankful.
This weeks Monday Listicles is to list "10 Thanks".
1) Thank You God- for blessing me with life and the 5 senses to use every day with my daughter.
The sense of touch- to feel her tiny embrace when she gives me a hug or when she's sleepy.
The sense of sight- to watch her light up and smile when daddy comes home from work.
The sense of sound- to hear those wonderful giggles that make every day "the best day" just hearing her laugh.
The sense of smell- to take in that wonderful scent of her lavender baby shampoo all over her little body after she's taken a bath and gets ready for bedtime cuddles.
The sense of taste- to taste her sweet kisses as she completely opens her mouth to return my approaching kiss on her lips.
2) Thank You Husband- for blessing me with your presence every day. Thank you for being the most wonderful husband, father and friend I could ever as for. Thank you for working hard everyday to care for our family. Thank you for being my rock, my inspiration, and my sanity through the last 6 years, and the next 100 years.
3) Thank You Parents- for teaching me how to take care of myself, how to manage money, how to be proud of who I am and where I came from and for teaching me that family is a bond like no other.
4) Thank You Brother- for forgiving me when I picked on you as a kid, for being a goofball and making me laugh through our many inside jokes, and for being proud to call me your sister.
5) Thank You Friends- for giving me a break when I need a girls night out, for being my shopping buddies, for giving me advice when I as for it and a kick in the ass when I need it, and for always being there for me. Always.
Now the not so sappy stuff...
6) Thank you music- for without you I wouldn't have found my singing voice, every day would be so boring if we didn't hear you at all at any part of the day, and I would've never met my husband.
7) Thank you internet- for without you I wouldn't be able to research ANYTHING on a whim and keep in contact with friends and family who are not near me.
8) Thank you money- for without you I wouldn't have the clothes on my back, the roof over my head, the food I eat, the vehicle in my driveway or the laptop in my hands... ya know, the necessities ;)
9) Thank you nature- for without you I wouldn't have beautiful scenery in every day life, a fresh flower to pick on a spring day and a fresh breath of air outside.
10) Thank you chocolate- for existing...period. :)
Your Friendly Mama,