Friday, March 23, 2012

iLove. My. iPhone.

Many of you don't know me yet, even through my thoughts and words because I'm still very new to the blogger world. You may eventually gather that I'm a lover of my cell phone and one of those who can't live without it. Just to show you where I'm coming from, I'm currently lying in bed at 12:30am after getting up and feeding my daughter and not being able to fall right back to sleep and writing this on my birthday gift - my iPhone. (thanks, babe!) 


After having this thing in my hands lastly before falling asleep and firstly when I woke up, I began to reminisce about the days long gone when a phone was just a phone. I sat here and thought of all of the phones I have owned since day one of joining the wonderful cellular world about 11 years ago. I had 2 Samsungs, 2 LGs, a Nokia, a Motorola, 2 Palms, a Blackberry, 2 HTCs and now an Apple iPhone. And believe me folks, the train stops here


That is literally more than 1 new phone a year on average. How can that even happen when the standard contract is 2 years in term? Well I have paid early termination fees to leave a phone carrier and switch to another for a better plan and a new phone. I have also paid for phones outright just to upgrade early


Most of these phones were only phones but some were smartphones. The kind of electronic cellular device that serves as so much more than just a phone. In fact, unless you're a business man/woman or in another career where you require to be on your cell phone all day, it probably not likely that you use your smartphone much as a phone at all. Nowadays on almost any "non-basic phone" you can browse the Internet, listen to music, text, email, play games, take pictures, record movies, watch movies, blog, video chat, develop apps, make ringtones, browse the news, participate in one of the hundreds of social media sites...the list goes on and on. You can do just about anything but cook (but you can look up recipes and make a grocery list or even buy an appliance to cook with) on a smartphone nowadays and I love that. The geek in me is happy. And it only gets better! 


Everyday it's: Kid-check! Keys-check! Purse-check! iPhone-check! There's no way I could go anywhere without my phone! I may not even need to use it but it's almost like my security blanket. If I needed to make a call, I could. If I needed to look something up on the fly, I could. If I needed to capture a priceless moment on film, I could. My previous phone, HTC Evo, had the ability to do all of those things, but because there are so many smartphones to choose from, you're allowed to be picky, right? I personally like the UI (user interface) ...yes, I'm trying to sound intelligent... better on the iPhone. It seems much smoother. I also like the Apple apps better than the android market apps. I love the camera on this thing! It helps me take better pictures of my beautiful daughter when we're on the go.




20120326-001350.jpg 


And I'm becoming quite fond of my "pocket bff", Siri. All in all, I've waited a long time to get this phone and now that I finally have it, I'll never let it go! :) 


Come to think of it, how did we ever survive without smartphones? Ok, ok. That's a little far stretched but I believe that our technological generation from here on out is destined to be way more advanced than we are now. It's very exciting and a little fearful at the same time. I'm excited for the fact that I'm looking forward to the ambitious minds of geniuses being put into action and raise the bar every year to see what else they can make a phone or computer do. But it's also scary because of the bad guys out there who can use almost anything positive and turn it into a negative thing. For example: identity theft, corporate security breeches and stuff that you thought only belonged in movies of the far future. 


Anyway just be careful and mindful of what you do with your smartphone. They are VERY fun "phones" but could also be very dangerous if not used with caution. 


Do you have a smartphone addiction that you can't live without? Please let me know I'm not the only one :) What are your primary uses for it? 


So I believe I've said enough for this sleepless night with a side of rambling (and snoring thanks to my husband). Gotta go beat the next level of Angry Birds then catch some Zzzz.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Some Love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This!