Monday, December 5, 2011

Sleep? What's that?




*Yaaaaaawn*  Oh good morning...er, I mean afternoon.  It technically is 2:50pm on Monday here, but I couldn't confirm that because I have no perception of time right now. Haha!  Little miss Annaliese, at almost 8 weeks old, still seems to have her days and nights mixed up, which I hear is common in babies.  Some nights/days are better than others, but last night was pretty rough.  Preparing for another work week for Justin and knowing that my duty of "operation let daddy sleep and tend to baby" was soon to be in full force by Sunday evening.  So around 7pm I decided to take a little nap and woke up around 10:30pm so that Justin could go to sleep and get up for work the next day. I fed Anna around 11pm and she wanted more.  And then more.  And then spit up cause she couldn't burp. Then was wide awake and wanted to 'play' (for as much as a 2 month old can play)...smiling away.  Then wanted to eat again.  Then was so tired and fighting sleep that she kept herself awake by crying for around 2 hours, and finally around 5am this morning I was able to bounce her to a calming state and then rock her to sleep.  She and I slept on the couch for about 3 hours and then it was time to eat again.  A mother's work is never done!  haha!  


But with all that said, I still wholeheartedly and thoroughly enjoy motherhood and ALL it entails.  I know the first few months are the hardest, especially when it's your first baby.  Everything is new and it takes a lot of adjusting and getting used to the new lifestyle.  We are just so thankful that we are able to have me home with the baby during the day.  Justin and I both plan to return to college in summer 2012 and also try to look for a house.  It's going to be another busy upcoming year but everything is going how we planned it to, so we certainly can't complain.  Time to focus on the now and that is... CHRISTMAS!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Some Love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This!