Thursday, December 29, 2011

'Happy' Holidays...

Hi all.  Forgive me for not writing much in the last few weeks...it's been a rough few weeks to say the least.  After a hard life long battle with Cystic Fibrosis, Justin (my husband)'s father passed away on December 15.  He was an exceptional man whom I loved and respected very much.  He was such a giver, particularly to his church and from the first moment I met him, just over 5 years ago, he made me feel like family.  I will never forget the family dinners, vacations and holidays with this kind-hearted man.  Ronald Wade Skidmore will forever hold a special place in my heart.

He was a pastor almost all his life and a darn good one too.  He had been getting weaker over the last 2 months after Annaliese was born.  But because all his life he had bounced back and shocked doctors every time before, we didn't expect the worst case scenario to happen this time.  He lived a very fulfilled life and was even able to marry both of his sons and hold his first grandchild.  We're all very lucky to have known him and to be a part of his life and now we have a guardian angel looking over us. R.I.P. "dad".

Ron's first time holding Anna
Ron and I Christmas 2010
Father's Day 2009
<Justin, Ron, Ashley>


It really makes you stop and think of how precious life really is.  Having my daughter has really opened my eyes to so much reality.  It's amazing how much strength this little 2 month old girl has brought to Justin and I through all of this.  As young and tiny as she is, she is our rock.

Hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas with your loved ones.  It IS really important to cherish every moment with the ones you love.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Some Love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This!