Thursday, December 8, 2011

Recipe Worth Trying- Banana Banana Bread

YUM!  Just the thought of this makes me hungry!  

I've made this banana bread quite a few times and enjoyed it every time!  I've even managed to not be stingy and give some away to family too!  Haha!  I was told that they enjoyed it just as much!  It's very moist and sweet and somehow it turns out perfect every time!  I wish I could take credit and call this recipe my own but I couldn't do that.  I give credit where credit is due!  I got this recipe from one of my favorite websites www.allrecipes.com.  Take a gander at some of their recipes if you want, but I definitely suggest making this banana bread.  And it's very simple to make too!  My dad even used this recipe, added walnuts and made Banana Nut Bread Muffins!  


Prep Time:
15 Min
Cook Time:
1 Hr 5 Min
Ready In:
1 Hr 20 Min


Ingredients

  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 2 1/3 cups mashed overripe bananas

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
  2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
  3. Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.

Tis the season for baking! :) Bon Appetit!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Some Love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This!