You know those days when you just feel on top of the world and you start thinking non-stop of all the wonderfulness you are? ...Yeah, me either!
Just kidding! ...Well, sort of.
This week's Monday Listicles was suggested to us by Ms. M from The Bonny Bard. In an effort to keep the holiday spirit and positivity alive, she had us write of 10 REASONS WHY I'M GREAT.
Well seeing as how I have always had confidence issues and have the tendency to be modest...this was hard. But sometimes you(I) just need reminding of all of the goodness you are, of the reasons why people love you, why YOU love you. So here it goes.
1. I am a kid at heart. I don't blow bubbles in my chocolate milk or anything but I still love everything I did as a kid. I still have stuffed animals and some treasure trolls. I get super excited when I see the Fraggles, Muppets or ALF on TV. And I'll still break into any Disney song and sing it almost word for word while dancing around my house.
2. I can cook. I wouldn't say that I am a cook, but I can cook. I am more of a recipe follower and then will add a few things differently sometimes. I haven't made anything yet that was inedible and I've only burnt/not cooked something long enough a few times. So that's pretty good, right? :)
3. I am funny. I can usually make people laugh, even a little giggle. If I can't succeed then I just assume that they have no soul. (hehe)
4. I am tidy (for the most part). I guess I am somewhat of a perfectionist, but I like things where I like them. This helps the utter frustration of going to look for something where it's supposed to be and not finding it there, but somewhere else...or not at all.
5. I am caring. If you manage to make your way into my heart, you ain't leavin! I will bend over backwards and forwards again for anyone I care about. I'd offer you my shoes, my coat and my couch in a heartbeat.
6. I am strong. Every life has a story and what doesn't kill us makes us stronger. I'm months from turning 30, that's gotta count for something.
7. I am smart. Some of my friends come to me for advice on life, others for computer tips, others for phone tips, and some for cooking tips. I guess that says a lot.
8. I am truthful. As a teenager, trying to lie to my parents was hard. I've always sucked at it! As an adult, I gave up trying and realized the truth is always better no matter what. Plus I still suck at lying, even when I'm trying to pull a prank! Ex: April Fools Day
9. I am crafty. Did I really just say that? I may not have ideas flowing all the time, but when I really sit down and put my mind to it, I can come up with some pretty good ideas for handmade things. And thanks to Pinterest my crafty brain works better now.
10. Last but not least, I am a good mom. I'm not perfect in any way, but I know that my child is loved and that I try my very best to make sure she feels that every day.
Go ahead and toot your own horn a little! It feels good and it's self healing. Why are you awesome?